February 2017 – Auction ended!
The Society has been bequeathed various photographic items. So that every member has an equal chance to buy these items this auction site has been set up for Society members only.
So that every member has an equal chance of buying this equipment we will have a series of small auctions via our website.
Each auction will offer about six items with a closing date four weeks later.
Society auction Lots 1 to 6
- This auction is open to all paid up members of the Stereoscopic Society.
- Every member can bid on as many lots as they wish.
- A bid can be revised up or down, the last bid received is valued.
- The highest bidder will pay £1 above the second highest bidder.
- If there is a tied bid the earliest bidder wins that lot.
- The price shown is a rough guide price.
- There will be four auctions offering 6 or 7 lots each time.
- Any unsold lots from a previous auction will be on offer during the life of this auction series.
- A list of the prices realized will be shown in the next auction.
- The lots can be collected at a meeting, or sent by post. The postal cost is in addition to the bid price. Please state if you can collect with your bid.
- To bid send an email to email@example.com giving your name, Stereoscopic Society membership number, lot number and your highest bid. To be received any time before the closing date.
- Cheques to be made payable to “The Stereoscopic Society”.
- The winner can collect the item, or it can be posted. The postal charge will be in addition to the bid.
Lot 1 £ 60 Stereo Realist camera and case (3picts)
F3.5 David white lenses, shutter speeded 1 to 1/150 second. Image size 21×23 mm. Camera works, speeds unchecked, the flap over the lenses is missing, rangefinder hard to use.
The camera is in fair condition. The case is in good condition but needs stitching
Lot 2 £ 25 White button stereolist Viewer (1pict)
Lightly used condition, has been rewired
Lot 3 £ 100 Jules Richard F40 stereo camera and case no 4694035 (4picts)
F3.5 unnamed lenses shutter speeded 1 to 1/250 image size 23x28mm.It is in good condition and works except for the mono/stereo knob is jammed.
The case is in fair condition; it is unusual as it has a compartment on top to hold filters, lens hoods (two provided) etc.
Lot 4 £ 15 Bi lens 35mm viewer (1 pict)
This viewer is for 35mm mono slides. A complicated mirror system “converts” the mono image to a stereo one. It is in good condition
Lot 5 £50 Robin Hood camera (3Picts)
A marbled Bakelite camera from the 1930’s and very rare, hence the high suggested price.
A simple camera having one aperture setting and one speed.
Cut film 45×107 (film provided) is placed in the camera in a darkroom. You the have the choice of taking one stereo pair, or two separate images. The camera is taken back into the darkroom and the film processed.
The camera is in good condition except that there is a small chip out of the body; this will not affect its working.
Lot 6 £ 30 Holmes type hand held viewer (1 pict)
This is complete and in good condition. The eyeshade is aluminium with a raised pattern on each side.