London Meetings Programme Autumn 2023
- Saturday September 2nd: Outing
Contact: Girish Patel 07790 161366 email@example.com
Visit to Watts Gallery:
-Artists’ Village, Down Lane, Compton nr. Guilford, Surrey, GU3 1DQ
Exhibition: Victorian Virtual Reality (to 25th Feb ‘24), a selection of more than 150 images from Sir Brian May’s collection. Including his first ever stereo image. 3D viewers provided
Lunch at Tea Shop
Admission Adult £13.50 (£14.95 GiftAid) Reduced rates for English Heritage members, Historic Houses Members and other organisations. See their website for concessions www.wattsgallery.org.uk
Travel: Guildford Rail station is a 10 minute car or bus ride from the Gallery. # 46 bus leaves at 09:20, 10:20, 11:20 etc from the station
Meet: 10:45 at the Gallery Please email Girish if you plan to attend.
- Saturday October 14th Host: Mike Hillyard
A selection of AV shows drawn from several sources including the Annual Convention programme.
Starting with a Royal Theme: Queen Elizabeth’s Funeral and King Charles III Coronation. (Shows created from 2D images)
A Selection of highlight shows from the Harrogate Convention. Including: My Dream; Fractal Animation; Vltava; Swiss Club Theme ‘2020’
Two of the ISU Club Online Digital Exchange (CODE) shows
Use of AI in creating 3D shows: AV show by Nino Trentinella
- Saturday November 18th: Host: Helen Bovill
- Sir Brian May’s video of his acceptance of Patron status– Introduction by Helen and showing of the video.
- Life and Times of a Victorian Country Doctor. 2D & 3D Presentation by Peter Flower, grandson of our early-president Dr W. R. Grove who’s delightful images cover pre-war life in UK and Europe.
- The AV-5 entries at the 2023 Harrogate Convention. Projection of the 10 shows created by members of the Society and entered in the Friday night audience-judged competition for AV shows of less than 5 minutes duration.
- Saturday December 9th: Christmas Special Host: Colin Metherell
A. A Digital images competition, judged by the audience. Open to all members of the Society. Entries accepted even if you are not attending. Please send 3 digital images as soon as possible and not later than December 1st, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Image title should be in the format Name_ImageTitle_1, Name_ImageName_2, Name_imageTitle_3.
SBS JPEG preferred, with no black borders.
B. Social and Table Top Displays
Please bring anything 3D related for table top displays/workshops, prints and portable viewing devices etc. to show others. There will be a longer than usual interval in order to imbibe some festive refreshments; donations gratefully accepted.
2024: We hope to hold meetings on the second Saturday in the month:
- January: Themed meeting; February: Show & Tell; March: Spring Surprise; April: Annual Exhibition